Forum Title: window pane stops/molding
I have repairs to make to aluminum, single hung and single pane windows. They have a vinyl molding that acts to hold the pane in place instead of putty. These window were installed in the early 70's to late 60's. I am looking for replacement strips to redo the windows. Need to know where to obtain vinyl strips. They look to have a 1/2 inch quarter round molding with small lip on front edge and 1/8 inch lip on rear.
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: ELEANOR SIMS (Gaithersburg, MD), 01/03/2019

Never heard of them, but that may not be bad. There are lots of local window companies making good products. But for something that will be there for 20-30 yrs, I prefer a nationally know brand, and I do not mean something from big box. The problem with local companies, even one's that make good products, is that they may not be around when you need parts or someone to honor the warranty.

- DIANNE OCONNOR (Danbury, CT), 02/10/2019

Support & Resources For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527